Saturday, July 5, 2014

Gratitude in 100 days…can I do it? Yes I can!

Well, at least I hope I can!

I've been seeing a lot on social media about 100 days of happy (or happiness) and people are IG'ing images with the hashtag, talking about it on the US Today program or posting about it on Facebook.  I thought it was a pretty neat idea but it didn't really resonate with me, not sure why. I just remember thinking this seems like a cool idea, then promptly moved on to whatever it was I had been doing at the time.

I want to be happy, and I will be the first person to tell you I don't feel happy all the time. Wish I did, don't know why I don't. I've got everything in the world to be happy about. Its just that I seem to be a negative Nelly, just thinking about what could go wrong or is wrong…most of the time.

So, what comes before happiness or can help make you feel better, happier? Gratitude. To me, gratitude is at the heart of happiness. In order to be happy you must feel grateful or blessed or something, right? Right.  I think what I've been missing is gratitude, real honest to goodness gratitude.  The kind where you feel grateful and thank God (or, whoever for you) for it, looking upward and think how lucky you are and how wonderful this moment is.

But sometimes its hard to feel gratitude. So. Very. Hard. And then little by little its hard to be a completely positive person, hard to see the good side in so much stuff that should be easy to see the good in. And thats me. I can find myself being negative from the start, occasionally passing it off as being cautious, which it is. Or sometimes as just being grumpy. Which it can be. Or tired, which it lately often is. Or just not negative but not completely happy.  But its also just not feeling enough gratitude for all the good and wonderful things in my life, in me, in the world…in pretty much anything. There shouldn't be any need to feel this way, but I do sometimes, other times often and I want to change it.

I want to be a better person. A much better person.
SO, here I go.

Gratitude for 100 days and lets see if I can't completely turn myself around.  I'm going to thinking about something to be grateful for daily, I'm going to ponder it and be thankful. I'm going to feel and live the gratitude. Its going to be hard, it already is :)  And did I forget to mention, I'll be showing you my daily in photos. Now I'm already doing a personal photo a day and a July challenge but I'm hoping to tie the other two into this one….

Wish me luck and I'll let you know how I get on!



No comments:

Post a Comment